The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Deputy Fire Marshall Shannon Miller and Yamhill Fire Chief Brian Jensen
will present Council with the requirements for Access, Fire Flow and Fire/Life
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Continue discussion from Council Meeting of July 8, 2015 for drafting a
policy for public right-of-way use.
B. Consider request to change approval from the May 13, 2015 Council Meeting
for the relocation of the School Based Health Clinic.
A. None Scheduled
B. Consider adopting Ordinance No. O-511 an Ordinance renewing the
franchise for the operation of a cable system to Comcast of Oregon II, Inc. and superseding Ordinance No. O-409, and all other Ordinances in conflict with this Ordinance. Ordinance posted: July 1, 2015 (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16(b). The first reading was approved on July 8, 2015.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Update on Wastewater Facility Master Plan.
. B. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-723, a resolution adopting and
approving the City of Yamhill Outside Water Service New Hookup Policy.
C. Consider participation in the Oregon Health Authority’s request for data on
the boundary of the City’s water service area.
D. Discuss projects for the 2015 Green4Growth Community Grant in the
amount of $15,000.00.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – July 8, 2015
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) PO# 16-009 – Oregon Meter Repair - $3,990.00 – Water Meters
(2) PO# 16-010 – Hach - $3,150.00 – Replace BOD meter for effluent
(3) PO# 16-011 – Global Pure Water - $5,571.00 – Emergency water
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
(1) Annual review of Public Works Utility Operator and Worker.
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
(1) Review After-Action Report/Improvement Plan from the April 11, 2015
A. Yamhill’s City/County Dinner is scheduled for Thursday, August 20th @
B. Vacancies: Planning Commission – 1 member
Budget Committee - 1 member
Applications are available at City Hall
C. City Offices will be closed Monday, September 7th to observe the Holiday.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax