The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. None Scheduled
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. None Scheduled
A. Consider adopting Ordinance No. O-509 an Ordinance amending
Chapter 2.24 of the Yamhill Municipal Code to update Standard Specifications
for Public Works and declaring an emergency. (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16,
adopting an ordinance at a single meeting.) Ordinance No. O-509 will be
available. Ordinance posted: May 1, 2015 (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16(b).)
B. Consider adopting Ordinance No. O-510 an Ordinance amending Chapter
9.04 of the Yamhill Municipal Code to update Uniform Codes and Declaring an
emergency. (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16, adopting an ordinance at a single
meeting.) Ordinance No. O-510 will be available. Ordinance posted: May 1,
2015 (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16(b).)
A. Consider adopting Ordinance No. O-508 an Ordinance amending Title 8
and 10 of the Yamhill Municipal Code to Adopt Standards for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries. Ordinance No. O-508 will be available. Ordinance posted: March 11, 2015 (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16(b). The first reading was approved on April 8, 2015.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-715, a Resolution adopting a Police
Department Policy Manuel for the City of Yamhill, Oregon.
B. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-716, a Resolution authorizing and approving an intergovernmental agreement for Building Official Services between the City of Yamhill, Oregon and Yamhill County, Oregon
C. Consider Yamhill Community Club 2015-2016 funding request.
D. Consider citizen request for a garden on right-of-way area on E.Buttercup Street.
E. Resignation from Planning Commissioner Margaret Reinholt.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – April 8, 2015
B. Financial Statements
C. Quarterly Building Report
D. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) PO# 15-064 – Hiskey’s Tree Service - $4,000 – Trimming and removal of trees in Beulah Park.
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
Consider approval of Job description for part-time Administrative
Assistant/Public Works Assistant.
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. Budget Committee meeting and Public Hearing on State Revenue Sharing Possible Use, Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 6:30 pm, City Council Chambers, 155 E 1st Street.
B. City Offices will be closed Monday, May 25, 2015 – Memorial Day.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax