The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. None Scheduled.
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Provide update on the decommissioning of the Ball Fields at Jane Heinrich
Park. (Continued from the September 14, 2016 Council Meeting)
B. Follow-up from September 14, 2016 Council Meeting regarding resident’s complaint regarding City easement adjacent to property.
A. None Scheduled
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Receive Annual Financial Audit for year ending June 30, 2016.
B. Discuss with council the authorization to hire an independent forest
consultant to review the report on the BLM timber.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session October 12, 2016
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) PO# 17-029 – Bagco Equipment Repair - $2,223.60 –Backhoe Repair.
(2) PO# 17-031 – Kizer Excavation - $2,513.00- Excavation on Hwy 47
due to water leak.
(3) PO# 17-035 – AT&T - $3,201.50 – Equipment for internet at the Water
(4) PO # 17-039 – Microsoft Corp - $1,496.29 – Surface Pro MDT for
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. 8th Annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony – Friday, December 9th, 2016 @ 6:00 pm. Refreshments to follow ceremony.
B. City offices will be closed November 24 & 25 – Thanksgiving holiday.
C. City County Dinner hosted by the City of McMinnville -Thursday, December 1, 2016 @
D. Vacancies: Planning Commission – 1 member
Budget Committee - 2 members
Applications are available at City Hall
E. Letter of appreciation from Homeward Bound Pets.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax