The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. SERVPRO presentation, Aaron Dixion, Marketing Manager.
B. Your Community Mediators of Yamhill County, 2016-2017 funding request, Renee Vorm, YCM Board Member.
C. Consider Yamhill Community Club 2016-2017 funding request.
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Discuss agenda items for the County/City Joint session/Town Hall
scheduled June 13, 2016.
A. None Scheduled
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider approving an Audit Service Proposal in the amount of
$13,500.00 with Grove, Mueller & Swank, P.C. for 2015-2016 audit year
and authorize Mayor Terp to execute the contract.
B. Discuss traffic hazard/parking issues near the Intermediate School.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – April 13, 2016
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Orders:
(1) PO # 16-053 – DTR Enterprises - $ 1,800.00 – 2 Fir Tree removals
at N. Fir Street.
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
(1) Staff Report- Direct City Recorder/Elections Officer to call City Council Nominating Convention – City Caucus for the purpose of nominating a City ticket for candidates for Mayor and two City Councilors – Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 6:30 PM, City Hall Council Chambers (YMC Chapter 1.12.030)
(2) Staff Report –Schedule of candidate filing deadline, Thursday, August
25, 2016 and Key Election Dates.
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. Joint Work Session/ Town Hall with Yamhill County Commissioners,
Monday, June 13, 2016 @ 7:00pm.
B. Budget Committee meeting and Public Hearing on State Revenue Sharing Possible Use, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 6:30 pm, City Council Chambers, 155 E 1st Street.
C. City Offices will be closed Monday, May 30, 2016 – Memorial Day.
D. Vacancies: Budget Committee – 1 member
Planning Commission – 1 member
Applications are available at City Hall.
E. June 1, 2016 – First day for local candidates to file declaration of candidacy or nominating petition to run for City Council positions.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax