The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Ordinance No. O-505, an Ordinance establishing a tax on the sale of Marijuana and Marijuana-infused products in the City of Yamhill and adding a new Yamhill Municipal Code Chapter and Sections. Memo from City Attorney Walt Gowell included.
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-711, a resolution adopting the Yamhill County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
B. Consider approval of Third Street and Beulah Park survey project for
An estimate of $2,000.00 with AKS Engineering.
C. Consider approval of Elm Street survey project for an estimate of
$2,000.00 with AKS Engineering.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session September 10, 2014
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) Platt - $1,910.00 – Meter Boxes
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
(1) Council review of a section of the draft of the Police Policy Manual.
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
Staff reminder of the Team Building day on Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 9:am to 1:pm.
D. Council Review
Councilor Disbrow: Consider recommendation to schedule a City meeting
with Water Districts.
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. City County Dinner – Hosted by the City of Carlton – Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 6:15 PM.
B. Vacancy: Planning Commission – 1 member
Applications are available at City Hall.
C. City offices will be closed November 11, 2014 –to observe Veteran’s Day.
D. Candidate Certification for the November 4, 2014 General Election.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax