The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Small business economics discussion, Tanea Storme- Bella Luna
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Discuss finalizing the decommissioning of the ball fields at Jane
B. Discuss a Mutual Aid and Assistance Program through the Oregon
Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (ORWARN).
A. None Scheduled
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider approving citizen’s request to donate a tree and plaque to be
placed at Beulah Park in memory of Patrick White.
B. Consider citizens request to purchase City property adjacent to 223 N.
Balm Street, tax lot 9502.
C. Discuss residents complaint regarding a County resident who controls the
City easement adjacent to property.
D. Consider All Hands Consulting Contract for $17,500.00 and authorize
Mayor Terp to execute contract. (State Homeland Security Grant has
awarded the City of Yamhill $17,500.00 for the project)
E. Consider Resolution No. R-736, a resolution of the City Council of the City of Yamhill, Oregon approving and authorizing execution of a municipal
F. Consider approving Deferral Agreement and Waiver-of-Right-to-
Remonstrance for 215 N. Maple Street and authorize Attorney Gowell to
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session August 10, 2016
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) PO # 17-012 – OreVac West Inc. - $2,212.50 – Sludge removal at
(2) PO # 17-017 – OreVac West Inc. - $2,500.00 – Sludge removal from
the secondary backwash basin.
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets.
(1) Discuss Fire Flow requirements.
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. Vacancies: Planning Commission – 1 member
Budget Committee - 2 members
Applications are available at City Hall
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax