The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
CONVENE 2014 COUNCIL
1. CALL TO ORDER - Roll Call
2. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Monthly Payables – December 2014
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – December 10, 2014
ADJOURN 2014 CITY COUNCIL
SWEARING IN OF MAYOR
Mayor Paul Terp
SWEARING IN OF CITY COUNCILORS
Councilor Kay Echauri
Councilor Jay Disbrow
CONVENE 2015 COUNCIL
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC HEARING:
A. Public hearing on Proposed Code Amendments to the Yamhill Development
Code addressing parking in the downtown district, industrial uses in the
Central Business District and minor editing for clarity.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
4. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Election of Council President – Charter Chapter lll, Section 9.
B. Budget Officer – one year appointment – Lori Gilmore – 2015/2016 budget year.
C. Budget Committee – Rocky Losli re-appointment- 3 year term expires December 31, 2017.
5. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Ordinance No. O-506 amending Chapter 10- Zoning – of the Yamhill Municipal Code to update standards for development in the downtown district. Notice of Planning Commission Action available. Ordinance No. O-506 will be available. Ordinance posted: January 2, 2015 (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16(b).)
A. None Scheduled
7. NEW BUSINESS:
A. None Scheduled
8. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve the following Purchase Order:
9. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
1) Council review of page 254 through page 364 of the draft of the Police Policy Manual
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
Discuss Green4Growth Community Partnership Grant application.
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. Receive 2015-2016 Fiscal Year Budget Calendar
B. City County Dinner hosted by the City of Newberg – February 19, 2015- located at the Chehalem Cultural Center.
C. Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments’ Annual Dinner-
Wednesday, January 29, 2015.
D. OLCC License renewal list- informational only
E. Vacancy: Planning Commission 1 member, applications are available at City Hall.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax