The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 @ 7:00pm
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC HEARING:
A. The purpose of the hearing is for the City Council to obtain citizen views and comments about the proposed Community Development Block Grant
Project. The City of Yamhill is preparing an application for a Community Development Block Grant from the Oregon Business Development Department for a sewer plan master plan.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
4. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Your Community Mediators of Yamhill County appreciation letter.
B. Planning Commission – Reappointment of Margaret Reinholt – Two year term – 2014 – 2015 ( term expires December 31, 2015 )
C. Planning Commission – Reappointment of Carol Prendergast – Two year term – 2014 – 2015 (term expires December 31, 2015)
5. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. None scheduled
A. None Scheduled
B. None Scheduled
7. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Discuss the “surrender of jurisdiction” for acquiring North Olive Street from Yamhill County.
B. Consider proposal from Firwood Design Group, in the amount of $8,500.00, for professional services associated with the E. Third Street Culvert Replacement.
8. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – November 13, 2013
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Orders:
(1) PO # 14-046 – Hiskey’s Tree Service - $3,700.00 – Beulah Park Tree
removal and trimming.
(2) PO # 14-037 – Angel Mendoza Floors - $3,560.00 – Carpeting for Council and Police Department.
9. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review – Graven- Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review
D. Council Review
A. 5th Annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony – Friday December 13, 2013 @ 6:30 pm. Refreshments to follow ceremony.
B. City Offices will be closed Wednesday December 25, 2013 – Christmas Holiday and Wednesday January 1, 2014 – New Year’s Holiday.
C. 2014 City Council Meeting Dates
D. 2014 City/County Dinner Schedule
E. Vacancy: Planning Commission – 1 member
Applications are available at City Hall.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 ****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax