The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
CONVENE 2016 COUNCIL
1. CALL TO ORDER - Roll Call
2. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Monthly Payables – December 2016
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – December 14, 2016
ADJOURN 2016 CITY COUNCIL
SWEARING IN OF MAYOR
Mayor Paul Terp
SWEARING IN OF CITY COUNCILORS
Councilor Rita Gilmore
Councilor Yvette Potter
CONVENE 2017 COUNCIL
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Election of Council President – Charter Chapter lll, Section 9.
B. Budget Officer – one year appointment – Lori Gilmore – 2017/2018 budget year.
C. Council sub-committee appointments:
Kay Echauri and Jay Disbrow – Police Department
Rita Gilmore and Yvette Potter – Public Works Department
D. Yamhill County Transit Advisory Committee appointment – three year
term – Ken Moore.
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. None Scheduled.
A. None Scheduled
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Discuss installing a new City Hall Flag pole.
B. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-738, a Resolution by the City Council
of Yamhill, Oregon initiating street vacation proceedings.
7. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
(1) Discuss new company for IT Support Services.
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A Receive 2017-2018 Fiscal Year Budget Calendar.
B. City/County Dinner hosted by the City of Newberg – February 16, 2017.
C. OLCC License renewal list- informational only
D. Vacancies: Planning Commission – 1 member
Budget Committee - 3 members
Applications are available at City Hall
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax
The next Council Meeting/Public Hearing is at Yamhill City Hall, Wednesday, February 8, 2017. Starts at 7:00 pm