The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. None Scheduled.
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Consider property owners request to purchase City property located in the County- tax lot 9502 adjacent to 223 N. Balm Street and authorize Mayor
Terp to sign Letter of Intent for Sale of Real Estate.
A. None Scheduled
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Discuss and review sample Ordinance from the City of Madras or the City of Sheridan to use as a model concerning derelict structures and abatement – referred from the Planning
B. Accept Office of Emergency Management grant award in the amount of $17,500.00 and authorize Mayor Terp to sign agreement.
C. Accept proposed settlement agreement and release of claims for (Former) Yamhill Service Station, 210 S. Maple Street, Yamhill and authorize Mayor Terp to sign.
D. Discuss and approve names on the new DEQ/EPA NPDES Duty Authorized Representative Form and authorize the Mayor to sign.
E. Discuss and approve moving forward with the process to update the Water Master Plan.
F. Discuss and approve City Staff to move forward with the new NPDES Storm Water Permit requirements and policies.
G. Discuss and approve Occupational Health Service Agreement and authorize Mayor Terp to sign.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session September 14, 2016
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) PO # 17-022 – Bainbridge Associates, Inc. - $7,025.00 – Flow Meter replacements.
(2) PO # 17-023 – Sealing Systems, Inc. - $2,346.50 – Materials for repairing manholes.
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A City County Dinner – Hosted by the City of Carlton – Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:00PM, Farmers’ Plate & Pantry.
B. City offices will be closed November 11, 2016 –to observe Veteran’s Day.
C. Candidate Certification for the November 8, 2016 General Election.
D. Vacancies: Planning Commission – 1 member
Budget Committee - 2 members
Applications are available at City Hall
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax