The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Homeward Bound Pets, 2016-2017 funding request, Dawn Witt, Director.
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. None Scheduled
A. Consider adopting Ordinance No. O-513 an Ordinance amending Chapter 6 of the Yamhill Municipal Code to adopt a Transportation System Plan and related provisions and declaring an emergency. (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16, adopting an ordinance at a single meeting.) Ordinance No. O-516 will be available. Ordinance posted: April 1, 2016 (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16(b).)
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider approving hourly rate increase for City Attorney Gowell by $10 per hour to a fee of $165.00 per hour.
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session – March 9, 2016
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order: None Received
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
(1) Information regarding implementing a protocol for the administration
of Naloxone Narcan.
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review-
(1) Discuss Agenda items for the June 13, 2016 Joint Work
Session/Town Hall with Yamhill County Commissioners.
(2) Close-out information regarding the Community Development Block
Grant for the Wastewater Master Plan, Project # P13023.
(3) Discuss the “Elected Officials Bonus Program Training”.
(4) Probation review of Part-Time Admin/Public Works Administrative
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. Budget Committee meeting and Public Hearing on State Revenue Sharing
Possible Use, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 6:30PM, City Council Chambers,
155 E. 1st Street.
B. City of Sheridan City/County dinner - Thursday, April 21, 2016 @6:30pm
C. Vacancies: Planning Commission – 1 member, Budget Committee –
1 member. Applications are available at City Hall.
D. Statement of Economic Interest, required by the Oregon Government
Ethics Committee (OGEC) must be received electronically by April 15,
2016. If you have any questions contact them at 503-378-5105.
E. Pinwheels for Prevention - April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax