The Yamhill City Council members are elected city officials and serve as unpaid volunteers for the City.
Yamhill City Council consists of 4 Council members and 1 Mayor.
CITY OF YAMHILL, CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Council Chambers – 155 E 1st Street
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
1. CALL TO ORDER: Roll Call
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: (This time is provided for persons in the audience on ANY item of City business, except those items which appear on this agenda or refer to land use requests. However, the Council reserves the right to defer any request for action from any persons addressing the Council who have not been placed on the agenda. Please fill out a card on the front table and return it to the City Recorder. Comments shall be limited to two to five minutes, at the Mayor's discretion.)
3. PRESENTATIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
A. Your Community Mediators of Yamhill County appreciation letter- Marlena
Bertram, Executive Director.
B. Global Pure Water “Hurricane” Emergency Water System demonstration.
4. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Consider adopting Ordinance No. 0-504, an Ordinance amending
Municipal Code Section 7.04.040 (J) relating to rules and regulations in
City Parks and declaring an emergency. (Charter Chapter IV, Section 16,
adopting an ordinance at a single meeting)
A. None Scheduled
6. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consider request from Damon and Jennifer Barnes to allow obtaining
water from adjacent building at 262 S. Maple Street for Coffee Cart
B. Consider adopting Resolution No. R-712, a resolution approving the
Canvass of City Election results for the 2014 General Election and
spreading such results onto the Official Records of the City of Yamhill,
7. CONSENT AGENDA: (The items on the Consent Agenda are normally considered in a single motion. Any item may be removed for separate consideration upon request by any member of the Council.)
A. Approve Council Minutes
(1) Regular Session November 12, 2014
B. Financial Statements
C. Approve the following Purchase Order:
(1) Accu-Tech Automotive - $ 1, 098.62 – Truck repair.
8. DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REVIEW/REPORTS:
A. Police Review– Graven – Monthly report in packets
1) Council review of page 150 through page 253 of the draft of the Police Policy Manual
B. Public Works Review – Superintendent Howard – Memo in packets
C. Mayor/Administration Review
D. Council Review
E. Emergency Preparedness Review
A. November 04, 2014 General Election – Certified Election Results
Mayor – 2 Year Term – Vote for 1
Paula Terp – City Ticket 305
Councilor – 4 Year Term- Vote for 2
Kay Echauri – City Ticket 295
Jay Disbrow– City Ticket 228
B. 6th Annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony – THIS Friday, December 12th, 2014 @ 6:30 pm. Refreshments to follow ceremony.
C. City Offices will be closed Thursday December 25, 2014 – Christmas Holiday and Thursday January 1, 2015 – New Year’s Holiday.
D. 2015 City Council Meeting Dates
E. Vacancies: Planning Commission 1 member, applications are available at City Hall.
***** Yamhill City Council meetings are accessible for disabled individuals. The City will also endeavor to provide services for persons with impaired hearing or vision and other services, if requested, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. To obtain services, please call City Hall at (503)662-3511 *****
205 S Maple Street
PO Box 9
Yamhill OR 97148
Open Mon - Fri,
8:00am - 5:00pm
(503) 662-4589 Fax